Columbia University Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute (Zuckerman Institute) supports interdisciplinary neuroscience research and discovery by scientists and scholars across the university and promises to be the most comprehensive institute for brain science. Located in a state-of-the-art facility, world-class researchers are brought together to transform our understanding of the brain and mind. The Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of part-time Research Staff Assistant. This role is 15 hours per week.
- Autoclave and sterilize instruments regularly
- Regular cleaning of the laboratory spaces
- Maintaining lab inventory and supplies
- Occasional preparation of solutions and buffers
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. 0-3 months of experience in a research environment.
- The ideal candidate must possess sound judgment with a collaborative style that fosters teamwork and cooperation beyond the immediate team to the broader organization.
- Prior experience working within a lab is strongly desired